I just received this announcement for a summer program for students with learning differences heading to college:
Landmark College — America’s leading college for students with language-based learning disabilities, ADHD and ASD — is bringing its expertise to the West Coast this summer in a rigorous 5-day workshop at the University of California Berkeley.
WHAT: Summer Intensive for Success in College
DATES: Monday, Aug. 5 – Friday, Aug. 9
WHERE: University of California Berkeley
(NOTE: This is a non-residential program, but limited on-campus housing is available)
This highly personalized workshop helps students feel better prepared and more confident as they begin college classes next fall. Program participants will:
• Gain an understanding of their learning differences and personal learning styles;
• Discover specific strategies and technologies to use to support their success in college;
• Explore how to effectively integrate assistive technology into their college work;
• Learn how to advocate for their needs as someone who learns differently; and
• Build an individualized toolkit of reading, writing, studying, and organizational skills.